Saturday, March 21, 2015

Sometimes By Moon

A friend of mine commented that I tend to write about the same things over & over. Perhaps. But I got to thinking about it... this blog, like both physical & spiritual life, is a journey of faith.

I've seen with my own eyes the sun, the moon, grass, trees & birds of various kinds... They're everywhere I've been. I think faith in particular can start to feel like this- things tend to look the same no matter where we go, what we do or how much time passes. Eventually, we detach, zone out & wander mindlessly. Faith just "is". We know what to expect & what not to count on. But that's not much of a journey, is it?

Even though things like the sun, moon, grass, trees & birds are the same each time I encounter them, I'm always encountering them in a different moment or place along the journey. Each moment has the potential to make the "same old same old" new again. Each place has the power to alter the perception of those seemingly steadfast certainties (or uncertainties) in life. So yes, it may seem like I write about the same subjects, but I'm always encountering them in a different light... sometimes by sun, sometimes by moon...



No comments:

Post a Comment