Thursday, April 5, 2012

Ticket, Please

Today is Holy Thursday, the first day of the Triduum (which means "three days"). Tomorrow is Good Friday (the 2nd day) & then comes Black Saturday (the 3rd day). Its on this 3rd & final day that we'll have the Easter Vigil, which means my official reception into the Catholic faith.

There's a Mass at church tonight to commemorate the Last Supper, the institution of the Eucharist & the priesthood. I want to crawl back into bed & sleep. I want to organize my apartment. I want to do homework or fold my laundry. Anything but this. Its not that I don't want to go to Mass... my heart craves it. No, its more so the idea that we're getting closer to the Vigil. It feels like standing in line for an enormous roller coaster. I know when I step foot into church this evening, there's nothing but a padded bar between me & the gravity of the next few days. I should be excited... and I am, but I'm also nervous. I kind of just want to get it over with at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment