Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day 1

Its been almost 24 hours. I showered earlier but can still smell the chrism oil from lastnight... its faint, but present, reminding me of what I've done, or rather, what Christ has done in me. I am a Catholic. What does that even mean? Do I feel different? Yeah, actually, I do. I feel... awake, light, full of joy. I received multiple gifts lastnight & have been looking at them all day with a sense of wonder. Aside from my own senses, these gifts, pictures of the evening & the people I've met along the way are my only proof that it ever happened, that I ever made this journey. It still seems surreal.

Oddly, the meaning of this Easter for me seemed more about being received into the Church than celebrating the resurrection of Jesus. But then in a way, I WAS celebrating His resurrection by celebrating my own... Without Him, I wouldn't be where I'm at now.

1 comment:

  1. Bless you, T Ann, as you continue to express, explore, and wonder. We who are also on this same journey find your words stirring us and striking home in us. Thank you..... for you! Welcome, welcome, welcome into the midst of the family of God.....to those who say yes to Love everlasting! And who fumble often and find the same enduring Love again and again, smiling over us.

    ReplyDelete