Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bazaar

"We're getting closer to the Vigil. It feels like standing in line for an enormous roller coaster. I know when I step foot into church this evening, there's nothing but a padded bar between me & the gravity of the next few days."

I wrote these words less than a week ago. The "coaster car" of reception into the Church has come clacking back to the beginning much like it left. There are no bolts to tighten, no scratches to buff out, no bodily fluids to clean up. All is well. The car lies in wait, anticipating its next death-defying trip with a new group of candidates & catechumens come fall. As for me, its on to something new... I'm a neophtye & I get to go on the big kid rides now.

I'm still a little disoriented as I attempt to step off the platform... There's a sea of activity around me & people everywhere. Like the annual Church Bazaar I grew up attending, its another world entirely... everything seems enormous & threatens sensory overload. I know a kiddie roller coaster in a parking lot is nothing compared to "the real thing"... food booths & local bands pale in comparison to what God has in store for me. So here I am, looking for familiar faces, pawing at the tickets in my pocket & wondering what comes next!

No comments:

Post a Comment