Monday, September 12, 2011

Re-Entry

So I'm finally home. My apartment complex was still standing. My key still fit the locks. I retrieved exactly 6 pieces of junk mail & a birthday card. No messages on the machine. It was shocking to re-enter my life, to re-acquaint myself with all my things as I had left them a week prior. They seemed familiar, but I felt different inside. I had somehow forgotten this part of me even existed. I'm hesitant to re-attach myself to my possessions or to the routines of everyday life. But I must return to work so I can pay my bills in order to rent a place to hold all my stuff... Is this really what my life is about- carving out a niche in the world so I can dwell comfortably with my things?! But I'm not comfortable. I actually feel a bit overwhelmed... and I'm not quite sure if I want to keep carrying it all with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment