Sunday, December 5, 2010

Flash Card Experiment Day 3

Today's word: Pragmatic

Practical, as opposed to idealistic. Rational, realistic.

Today's Motivational thought:

I can put my worries into perspective.

Worry is easily blown out of proportion. I worry that I'm not thin enough, pretty enough, good enough, talented enough. Is this realistic? No. Who exactly am I comparing myself to afterall? Someone made of flesh & bones like me? Or perhaps the great God of the Universe is the contender in this match. Either way, I can't be perfect & won't win out... There will always be someone bigger & stronger. I worry that I will be alone the rest of my life. Maybe I won't be able to pay my bills, or won't know how to handle a high stress situation when it suddenly overtakes me... Are these worries valid? Sure. Practical? Not really. Worrying won't help me achieve long lasting relationship, financial stability or mental & emotional clarity in a time of need... But I can learn to be pragmatic about my anxiety... I can expect realistic results from realistic goals... I can start small & build my reserves. Who knows? Maybe I'll look back on all my worries someday & laugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment