Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Insect's Prayer

First light... its not the first time I've seen you.
In a while the day will come, breaking down my door
and I will collapse, asleep, soundly.

I will dream of a balmy afternoon.
Shadows of leaves frolic on walls...
Rocks in the "crick" are kissed by fading light &
I will fantasize of making my escape
when I hear the buzz
of the insect's prayer...

I wore my heart out on my sleeve-
what more could there have been to hear or see?
Somehow my voice got misplaced in the translation.
They thought it was rebellion that fueled my intentions.
I was clothed with diagnosis & with prophecy...
My wounds were bandaged tightly under labels of warning.
The ones who swore they were defending me
somehow over time became the enemy, scorning...

I dreamt in colours, I was running through fluorescent lighted halls.
There's safety in numbers, but there were no numbers for me to call.
I was an exile from the nation of contentment.
I was so tired of living in the fray.
I could not say I was scared of being lonely.
I could not say I was scared to face my days.
I kept my mouth shut just like any good girl should do...
I held it all, locked it away...

First light... its not the first time I've seen you.
I will fantasize of making my escape
when I hear the buzz
of the insect's prayer...

No comments:

Post a Comment