Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Who Is This God?

This is a question that's been in my head for weeks now. Who is this God I serve? Who is this God I love? Who is this God Whose kindness leads me to repentance, Whose faithfulness is everlasting, Who makes daring, even reckless promises to me- a sinful, ruined, weak human being? Who is this God who sees me as I am & chooses not to curse me or cast me away? Who is this God Who wove poor, pitiful me into the fabric of history? He grafted me in. He gave me a place in His house. I was a stranger & He welcomed me. I was naked & He clothed me. I was hungry & He fed me. I was thirsty & He gave me drink. I walked in with my shackels & He set me free. I was sick & He healed me. I was lonely & He gave me a family in the saints & apostles & those who call on the name of the Lord even now...

Who is this God? He made the earth & sky, sun moon & stars... He made the animals, the plants, the seasons. He made man & woman & remained faithful even when they sinned against Him. He is the same yesterday, today & forever & He forgives even me... yesterday, today & tomorrow. Who is this God? How can He love me when I'm not even sure how to love Him?! How can I know this God Who knit me in my mother's womb, Who wrote down all the days ordained for me before one of them came to be? How can I surrender my life to this God? It couldn't possibly be enough. I'm so poor. Yet God says "In Me, you are rich!" I'm so weak. Yet God says "In Me, you are strong!" I'm just a nobody. But God says "You bear my name now!"

Who is this God? I am His... and He is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment