Thursday, February 11, 2010

ACTD: Day 9 Treasure

Q: What are some of the ways you can tell what a person values?

What do they talk about? What do they spend their time doing? How do they spend their money? What kind of people do they hang out with? When you walk into their house, what stands out? Do they say one thing but convey another?

I think my treasure has been in the vestiges of my wounded self... my past has always been so... present. For me, discovering Jesus as a treasure is like wiping away condensation from a window... and I'm able to see beyond myself a little more. I know there's something worthwhile on the other side of the glass... I feel that longing to break through to the other side. But I'm a little nervous about the idea, cuz its gonna hurt.

I know that when Christ becomes my treasure, my outlook on success, pleasure & approval will change. He will become the focal point- not me, not my past, not the wrongs done to me or the rights never done for me. He will be the reason I live, He will be the means by which I live. He will be my very great reward... but only when He becomes my treasure. And that hasn't quite happened yet. My current "treasure" still holds some appeal & I'm content to remain on this side of the glass. But Christ has caught my eye... or perhaps its the other way around?

No comments:

Post a Comment