Thursday, February 11, 2010

ACTD: Day 10 *@#!

But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ... Philippians 3:7-8

Rubbish. Apparently the original meaning for that word is excrement. Crap. *@#!. You get the idea. One of the questions for today asks "How would your life be different if you genuinely believed the things the world values are "rubbish" & knowing Christ is the most valuable thing in the world?"

When I think of excrement, I don't want to see it, touch it, smell it. I don't want to experience it, period. When I do, its disgusting & I want to get away from it. If what the world values is as good as crap, and if I genuinely believed that, I think I wouldn't feel the need to compare myself, what I have or what I don't... I wouldn't feel the need to act a certain way, talk a certain way. Even though I'm generally quiet with simple tastes, I still struggle with the world's unspoken requirements to measure up. I think if I believed that what the world values is on the same level as excrement, I wouldn't give it a second thought. It simply wouldn't matter anymore. It would be downright disgusting to me. If I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that Christ is the most valuable thing in the world, I just might give all I had to follow Him. I just might consider it a loss for His sake... Anything to be clean. Anything to be away from that *@#!. And I wish I could say I'm there now, but I'm not.

Lord, open my eyes to see... send forth Your Light & Your Truth, let them guide me... (Psalm 43:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment