Sunday, January 31, 2010

ACTD: Day 3 Ruin

Day 3 of A Call To Die looks at the events of Isaiah 6 where Isaiah has a vision of God. One of my application questions asked if I've ever had an experience with God where I felt "ruined" like Isaiah did.

I wish I could say yes, but I don't think I can recall a specific time that "ruined" me for God. My conscience comes into play when I engage in blatant sin, but I don't think that qualifies as being "ruined". However, I can think of many instances that ruined me otherwise. One encounter, one look, one experience had the power to predispose me to this thing or that orientation over another... And these un-named instances have become thorns in my side, mine to bear till this body is finally redeemed. In that case, yes, I feel I've had an experience or two of being "ruined"...

But I know God wants more from me. He wants to wreck me so He can raise me to a life "ruined" for Him. Frankly, the whole idea sounds absolutely horrible. But sin is a vicious disease with consequences more terrible than the prescribed treatment. Woe unto me if God lets me settle for anything less.

No comments:

Post a Comment