Monday, October 5, 2009

possession

i am a ghost, caught in the rift between living & dying.
i wander about in the same places,
reliving the same patterns
over & over.
o to be free!

perhaps, if for only a moment, i can do & move & be through another...
can i change the cycle?
redeem the time?
instead of despair & destruction, i just might find hope & restoration.

if i can possess an idea or thing,
it cannot change the past...
neither can i find a present hope in the soul of one dearly loved.
i suspect that even if i were to possess the christ himself
as my very own,
he would inevitably fail to retain his
"christness".
it would still be me,
moving & doing & being...
caught in the rift between living & dying...
wandering about in the same places,
reliving the same patterns
over & over.
o to be free!

am i thusly doomed to wander this earth,
all but shattered inside?
there's a sound- faint... can you hear it?
no, those aren't my chains...
those are the sharp, petrified bits of me
crashing together...

would that christ might instead possess me-
not me in him, but him in me...
would that he fill me like a balm & come to dwell,
not only for a moment,
but forever onward...
to move & do & be...
that i would be possessed as such,
so as to fade away-
the soul of me,
identity...
finally set free...

No comments:

Post a Comment